INFORMATION DAY 2023
To find out everything you need to know about the HEMU and its Bachelor's and Master's programmes, take part in our 2023 information days.
To find out all about the HEMU and its Bachelor & Master’s courses – Classical Music, Jazz Music and Pop Music, take part in our 2023 Information Day.
If you have any questions about courses of study, orientation and academic life, please send an e-mail to :
- Classical Music : Hélène Celhay
- Jazz Music : Thomas Dobler
- Pop Music : François Vion
- MUSEC : Estelle Vidon
- An institution of more than 150 years, rich in excellence, sharing and innovation. A school with 3 profiles - Classical, Jazz and Pop Music - which dialogue and promote encounters of different styles and aesthetics, in a mutual enrichment.
- High-level, passionate teachers at the service of students.
An experienced teaching team, attentive to students, their study and career plans.
- A variety of study courses, based on current European standards, meeting all needs and ideally preparing students for success in the professional world after graduation. The Bachelors and Masters awarded at the HEMU are obviously recognized internationally.
- A teaching combining theoretical and practical aspects, in connection with artistic research (presence of a research institute). Develop your art by accompanying it with a reflection on your artistic practice.
- Exciting artistic and educational projects, allowing you to gain experience of the stage in a professional context (collaborations with the Lausanne Chamber Orchestra, with the Lausanne Opera, the Sinfonietta Orchestra, and many others, particularly in the field of Jazz and Pop Music).
- Direct access to the professional world: internships in orchestras, in music schools or in public schools for teaching music.
- A high school rooted in the region, which shines far beyond borders to transmit music to audiences who expect it, as well as to people who are waiting to discover it.
- Meetings with committed artists on stages around the world, during masterclasses, workshops, conferences.
- Students from all over the world, student associations, at each HEMU site (Lausanne, Sion, Fribourg), who welcome new students in a benevolent, supportive, and sometimes also festive atmosphere!
- Finally, because HEMU will be even more beautiful with you, and we are counting on you to write the rest of our story together!