The Master of Arts in Music Pedagogy prepares students for careers in teaching music, within music schools, conservatoires up to the Music university level, or in public schools up to the secondary II level. This study pathway constitutes an essential element of the musician's professional portfolio.
The study plan gives prominence to the training in the main discipline (as a performer or creator). The specific training in general pedagogy and didactics is complemented by practical training in teaching situations.
The two years of study lead to a master project built around three axes: artistic (recital, creation), pedagogical and reflexive.
François Vion, Head of BA and MA Pop music
> WARNING !
Please read the full page below before filling out your application form.
The deadline for enrollment in the entrance exam is March 1st of every year.
PREREQUISITES FOR THE MASTER
To be eligible, the candidate must hold a Bachelor in Music from a Swiss Music university, a diploma from a Swiss Music university or a title deemed equivalent. There is no age limit.
- Admission regulations for the Master degree in Music and Performing Arts HES-SO (.pdf)
- Admission requirements for the MASTER of Pedagogy (.pdf)
- Admission requirements for the 2nd MASTER (.pdf)
Classes are given in French and a minimum level is required.
The recommended level is the B2 level of the "European Language Portfolio".
Mastery of the French language is a condition for passing certain exams.
REGISTRATION FOR ADMISSION
Important : all the annexes of your application must be prepared before filling in the form. The online administrative registration is done all at once, without any interruption.
1. CHOSEN FIELD OF STUDY
2. FILE CONSTITUTION
- 1 photo (passport size)
- letter of motivation
- curriculum vitae
- list of the repertoire you have worked on already
- programme for the entrance examination
- copy of the high school diploma (Maturité, Baccalauréat, Zeugnis der allgemeinen Hoschulreife, General Certificate of Education, Kotogakko, etc.)
- copy of the diplomas already obtained during your musical studies & grade transcripts
- copy of the valid passeport or identity card
- copy of the admission fee payment (Swiss francs 80.-, non-refundable). Please indicate under "Comment to the beneficiary" the name and surname of the candidate
- only for Master in Music Pedagogy instrumental/vocal Teaching or Music in Schools : Bachelor and Master levels :
- extract from the criminal records
- only for Master in Music Pedagogy instrumental/vocal Teaching to send to admissions.map(at)hemu-cl.ch :
- essay regarding one general question concerning teaching and musical/vocal pedagogy).
- curriculum vitae essay
- letter of motivation
Student Office Jazz & Pop Music : T. + 41 21 321 35 39
General enquiries only: admissions.mua(at)hemu-cl.ch
The registration fee is CHF 80 to be paid by bank transfer:
BANQUE CANTONALE VAUDOISE
Case Postale 300
Titulaire du compte :
FOND. HEM VD VS FR ET CL
Rue des Côtes-de-Montbenon 22
Code IBAN : CH35 0076 7000 R079 6428 5
SWIFT : BCVLCH2LXXX
Proof of bank transfer must be included in the application dossier. Please indicate under "Comment to the beneficiary" the name and surname of the candidate.
The enrollment fee is non-refundable.
A confirmation by email will be sent to you once your administrative registration is finalized. Please check your email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, your registration is not confirmed.
DATES OF ADMISSION EXAMS EXAM DIRECTORY
From 18 to 31 March 2023 (subject to change)
According to admission requirements.
The jury decides on the admission of candidates. It gives an admitted, eligible or ineligible mention. The ineligible candidate does not have the required level to enter at the HEMU.
Candidates will be informed of the results in writing.
Students admitted to the HEMU must confirm their definitive registration before May 31 of each year.
During the course of the summer, they will receive a letter with the detailed registration for the courses to be followed.
REGULATIONS FOR BACHELOR AND MASTER STUDIES
Students, especially foreign students, are not insured by the HEMU for accidents and illness. We therefore kindly ask them to do what is necessary, if anything, and to provide proof of insurance when registering.
- MA en pédagogie Musiques actuelles - tous sauf batterie (pdf)
- MA en pédagogie Musiques actuelles - batterie (pdf)