The Bachelor of Arts "Creative performer" at HEMU focuses on the development of instrumental and theoretical skills, as well as original and creative artistic abilities. It also puts the emphasis on the acquisition of technical knowledge to train musicians in tune with the technologies used in professional circles.
- Courses, workshops, lectures and masterclasses cover a wide range of disciplines essential to a professional career:
- Instrumental / vocal technique
- Creative Workshops & Masterclasses
- Harmony & Music Theory
- Composition & Songwriting
- Studio Recording & Mixing
- Computer-Assisted Music (CAM)
- Environment & Management
- History of contemporary music
In adapted and modern infrastructures, students benefit from personalized supervision in classes of appropriate sizes. They receive instruction and advice from experienced professors and instructors who are recognized in their field. Effective follow-up helps them develop their creative talent and understand how to put it to good use in their future careers. Personal work and workshops provide hands-on experience around projects in the studio or on stage, in groups or solo.
Every effort is made to ensure that students become musicians, composers or producers capable of working as independent artists or as relevant players in the music industry. During the course of their studies, personal compositions and performances adapted to the realities of the musical world feed into a portfolio, an essential reference tool for the continuation of their profession. While becoming successful professionals, students learn to debate, argue and acquire a critical sense, essential in their future artistic activities.
Joining the HEMU's Department of Pop Music means benefiting from enriching collaborations with recognized actors and institutions in Switzerland and internationally. It also means belonging to a creative community and having the opportunity to create a network. Once their studies are completed, students can continue to benefit from support and assistance in the development of their careers.
François Vion, Head of BA and MA Pop music
> WARNING !
Please read the full page below before filling out your application form.
The deadline for enrollment in the entrance exam is March 1st of every year.
Applicants must be in possession of a recognised secondary school diploma, a recognised professional diploma, or a recognised specialized diploma in Music and Performing Arts department. There is no age limit. Special dispensations are occasionally granted to candidates of outstanding ability.
- Règlement d’admission en Bachelor dans le domaine Musique et Arts de la scène HES-SO (.pdf)
- Compétences pour l’admission en Bachelor (.pdf)
Courses are given in French. A minimal level of French is required. The recommended level is the B2 level of the "European Portfolio of Languages".
Mastery of the French language is a condition for passing certain exams.
REGISTRATION FOR ADMISSION
Important : all the annexes of your application must be prepared before filling in the form. The online administrative registration is done all at once, without any interruption.
1. CHOSEN FIELD OF STUDY
2. FILE CONSTITUTION
- 1 photo (passport size)
- letter of motivation
- curriculum vitae
- list of the repertoire you have worked on already
- programme for the entrance examination
- copy of the high school diploma (Maturité, Baccalauréat, Zeugnis der allgemeinen Hoschulreife, General Certificate of Education, Kotogakko, etc.)
- copy of the diplomas already obtained during your musical studies & grade transcripts
- copy of the valid passeport or identity card
- copy of the admission fee payment (Swiss francs 80.-, non-refundable). Please indicate under "Comment to the beneficiary" the name and surname of the candidate
- only for Master in Music Pedagogy instrumental/vocal Teaching or Music in Schools : Bachelor and Master levels :
- extract from the criminal records
- only for Master in Music Pedagogy instrumental/vocal Teaching to send to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- essay regarding one general question concerning teaching and musical/vocal pedagogy).
- curriculum vitae essay
- letter of motivation
Student Office Jazz & Pop Music : T. + 41 21 321 35 39
General enquiries only: admissions.mua(at)hemu-cl.ch
The registration fee is CHF 80 to be paid by bank transfer:
BANQUE CANTONALE VAUDOISE
Case Postale 300
Titulaire du compte :
FOND. HEM VD VS FR ET CL
Rue des Côtes-de-Montbenon 22
Code IBAN : CH35 0076 7000 R079 6428 5
SWIFT : BCVLCH2LXXX
Proof of bank transfer must be included in the application dossier. Please indicate under "Comment to the beneficiary" the name and surname of the candidate.
The enrollment fee is non-refundable.
DATES OF ADMISSION EXAMS
From 24 to 27 April 2023
According to admission requirements.
AUDITION AND EXAM RESULTS
The jury decides on the admission status of applicants: admitted, eligible for admission, or ineligible for admission. The ineligible candidate does not have the required level to enter the Haute Ecole de Musique de Lausanne.
Entrance auditions and music theory exam results will be available on Internet and in the Ground Floor EJMA.
Applicants admitted to the HEMU must confirm their definitive enrollment before 31st May of each year.
Successful applicants will receive a confirmation letter during the summer, including information on the courses they will be taking.
REGULATIONS FOR BACHELOR AND MASTER STUDIES
Students, and particularly foreign students, are not insured by the HEMU in case of accidents or illness. Students must subscribe to a private insurance policy and furnish proof of subscription at the time of enrollment.