The Master of Arts in Music Performance prepares for the professions of performing musician at a high level of artistic training, allowing access to the job market as a self-employed artist or working in production institutions.
The study plan gives prominence to the training in the main discipline (as instrumentalist, singer or choir director). A specific training allows the student to deepen their overall experience in different formations. A reflection on practice (research in seminars) completes the study plan.
The two years of study lead to a master project built around three axes: artistic production, ensemble practice and reflection.
Thomas Dobler, Head of BA and MA Jazz
> WARNING !
Please read the full page below before filling out your application form.
The deadline for enrollment in the entrance exam is March 1st of every year.
MASTER OF ARTS IN MUSIC PREREQUISITES
Applicants must be in possession of a Bachelor of Music degree from a Swiss Haute Ecole de Musique, a diploma from a Swiss Haute Ecole de Musique, or an equivalent degree. There is no age limit.
- Règlement d’admission en Master dans le domaine Musique et Arts de la scène HES-SO
- Admission requirements for the 2nd MASTER (.pdf)
Classes are given in French and a minimum level is required. The recommended level is the B2 level of the "European Language Portfolio".
Mastery of the French language is a condition for passing certain exams.
REGISTRATION FOR ADMISSION
Important : all the annexes of your application must be prepared before filling in the form.
1. CHOSEN FIELD OF STUDY
2. FILE CONSTITUTION
- 1 photo (passport size)
- letter of motivation
- curriculum vitae
- list of the repertoire you have worked on already
- programme for the entrance examination (in one .pdf)
- copy of the high school diploma (Maturité, Baccalauréat, Zeugnis der allgemeinen Hoschulreife, General Certificate of Education, Kotogakko, etc.)
- copy of the diplomas already obtained during your musical studies & grade transcripts
- copy of the valid passeport or identity card
- copy of the admission fee payment (Swiss francs 80.-, non-refundable). Please indicate under "Comment to the beneficiary" the name and surname of the candidate
3. ACCOUNT CREATION, REGISTRATION AND TRACKING
Student Office Jazz & Pop Music : T. + 41 21 321 35 39
General enquiries only: admissions.jazz(at)hemu-cl.ch
The CHF 80.- enrollment fee must be paid by bank transfer to:
BANQUE CANTONALE VAUDOISE
Case Postale 300
Titulaire du compte :
FOND. HEM VD VS FR ET CL
Rue des Côtes-de-Montbenon 22
Code IBAN : CH35 0076 7000 R079 6428 5
SWIFT : BCVLCH2LXXX
Proof of bank transfer must be included in the application dossier. Please indicate under "Comment to the beneficiary" the name and surname of the candidate.
The enrollment fee is non-refundable.
Fees and school fees 2023-2024 (FRENCH) (.pdf)
Fees for multiple applications (.pdf)
A confirmation by email will be sent to you once your administrative registration is finalized. Please check your email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, your registration is not confirmed.
DATES OF ADMISSION EXAMS
From 17th to 21th April 2023 (subject to change).
The works to be presented during the admission exams are contained in the conditions of admission bachelor jazz and master jazz:
- FRENCH: Conditions d’admission MASTERS orientation jazz - 2023 (.pdf)
- ENGLISH: Admission requirements for the MASTER DEGREES / jazz orientation - 2023 (.pdf)
The jury decides on the admission of candidates. It gives an admitted, eligible or ineligible mention. The ineligible candidate does not have the required level to enter at the HEMU.
Candidates will be informed of the results in writing.
Students admitted to the HEMU must confirm their definitive registration before May 31 of each year.
During the course of the summer, they will receive a letter with the detailed registration for the courses to be followed.
REGULATIONS FOR BACHELOR AND MASTER STUDIES
Règlement des études Bachelor et Master (FRENCH) (.pdf)
Students, especially foreign students, are not insured by the HEMU for accidents and illness. We therefore kindly ask them to do what is necessary, if anything, and to provide proof of insurance when registering.
- MA performer composer (pdf)
- MA performer composer (pdf)