The Master of Arts in Music Performance prepares for the professions of performing musician at a high level of artistic training, allowing access to the job market as a self-employed artist or working in production institutions.
The study plan gives prominence to the training in the main discipline (as instrumentalist, singer or choir director). A specific training allows the student to deepen their overall experience in different formations. A reflection on practice (research in seminars) completes the study plan.
The two years of study lead to a master project built around three axes: artistic production, ensemble practice and reflection.
Thomas Dobler, Head of BA and MA Jazz
> WARNING !
Please read the full page below before filling out your application form.
The deadline for enrollment in the entrance exam is March 1st of every year.
MASTER OF ARTS IN MUSIC PREREQUISITES
Applicants must be in possession of a Bachelor of Music degree from a Swiss Haute Ecole de Musique, a diploma from a Swiss Haute Ecole de Musique, or an equivalent degree. There is no age limit.
- Règlement d’admission en Master dans le domaine Musique et Arts de la scène HES-SO
- Admission requirements for the 2nd MASTER (.pdf) to come
Classes are given in French and a minimum level is required. The recommended level is the B2 level of the "European Language Portfolio".
ENTRANCE AUDITION REPERTORY
REGISTRATION FOR ADMISSION
Important : all the annexes of your application must be prepared before filling in the form. The online administrative registration is done all at once, without any interruption.
1. Prepare your application
- 1 photo (passport size)
- letter of motivation
- curriculum vitae
- list of the repertoire you have worked on already
- programme for the entrance examination (only for Classical music)
- copy of the high school diploma (Maturité, Baccalauréat, Zeugnis der allgemeinen Hoschulreife, General Certificate of Education, Kotogakko, etc.)
- copy of the diplomas already obtained during your musical studies & grade transcripts
- copy of the valid passeport or identity card
- copy of the admission fee payment (Swiss francs 80.-, non-refundable)
- only for Master in Music Pedagogy instrumental/vocal Teaching or Music in Schools : Bachelor and Master levels :
- extract from the criminal records
- only for Master in Music Pedagogy instrumental/vocal Teaching to send to admissions.map(at)hemu-cl.ch :
- essay regarding one general question concerning teaching and musical/vocal pedagogy).
- curriculum vitae essay
- letter of motivation
Student Office Jazz & Pop Music : T. + 41 21 321 35 39
General enquiries only: admissions.jazz(at)hemu-cl.ch
The CHF 80.- enrollment fee must be paid by bank transfer to:
BANQUE CANTONALE VAUDOISE
Case Postale 300
Titulaire du compte :
FOND. HEM VD VS FR ET CL
Rue des Côtes-de-Montbenon 22
Code IBAN : CH35 0076 7000 R079 6428 5
SWIFT : BCVLCH2LXXX
Fondation du Conservatoire de Lausanne
Proof of bank transfer must be included in the application dossier. The enrollment fee is non-refundable.
A confirmation of registration for the tests will be sent no later than 15 days before admission specifying the date, place and time.
DATES OF ADMISSION EXAMS
From 12 to 16 April 2021 (subject to change).
The works to be presented during the admission exams are contained in the conditions of admission bachelor jazz and master jazz:
- FRENCH: Conditions d’admission MASTERS orientation jazz - 2021 (.pdf)
- ENGLISH: Admission requirements for the MASTER DEGREES / jazz orientation - 2021 (.pdf)
The jury decides on the admission of candidates. It gives an admitted, eligible or ineligible mention. A student judged ineligible may not sit for an admission exam in another site of the HES-SO Music Domain for the coming year.
Candidates will be informed of the results in writing.
Students admitted to the HEMU must confirm their definitive registration before May 31 of each year.
During the course of the summer, they will receive a letter with the detailed registration for the courses to be followed.
REGULATIONS FOR BACHELOR AND MASTER STUDIES
Students, especially foreign students, are not insured by the HEMU for accidents and illness. We therefore kindly ask them to do what is necessary, if anything, and to provide proof of insurance when registering.